Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Guide to Vacating Washington Convictions

Published by the Washington State Patrol is a handy guide entitled "A Guide to When and How to Challenge, Seal, Vacate, or Expunge Criminal Records". The general rule for adult convictions is as follows: a person can move the Court to vacate a felony if that person has completed his/her sentence, there are no criminal charges pending, the conviction was for a non-violent offense, and the requisite time period has passed (10 years for a Class B, 5 years for a Class C, 3 years for a gross misdemeanor, 2 years for a misdemeanor).

No comments: