Thursday, May 5, 2011

Scene Preservation for Court using I-Pad

Have an I-Pad, I-Phone, or other smart device? You can use Google Maps with street view and the Screenshot feature when you are talking to a witness in order to look at the "scene" if you are interviewing the witness away from the scene. While it is not a substitute for actually visiting the scene, this can be a handy device for showing a witness a layout. With the I-Pad, you could even have the witness write or "sign" their statement or a photograph of a scene using one of the many note apps that are available. Two blogs in particular have really good examples of these techniques: I-Phone J.D. and Walking Office. Each of these sites have numerous tips for the savvy I-Pad/I-Phone equipped investigator or attorney.

No comments: